If you and your spouse can agree on all or most points of dissolving your marriage, filing uncontested divorce may be right for you.
Reasons to File Uncontested Divorce
- Lower cost of divorce.
- Get divorced faster.
- Keep stress to a minimum.
- Protect your personal privacy. When you keep your divorce out of court what goes public is generally only what you or your spouse says to others. If your case goes to court your situation will be discussed in a public forum - and this means anything can be discussed.
Five Main Points Needing Agreement
There are many areas upon which you and your spouse need to reach an agreement to finalize your Settlement Agreement. There is an infinite number of points which may need to be included in your Settlement. For most any couple seeking a divorce there are five main subjects which need to be thoroughly addressed. These topics are:
- Personal property. How will your personal property be divided?
- Finances and debt. How will money, investments, retirement funds, debts be divided?
- Child custody. What are your plans for child custody and visitation?
- Child support. What are child support needs beyond basic living expenses?
- Spousal support. Is spousal support (alimony) warranted or necessary?
Modification Lawyer in Marietta
If you feel circumstances have significantly changed since your last agreement was entered a divorce decree modification may be appropriate. We can prepare and file a modification motion, and represent you throughout the modification process. Our divorce law firm is conveniently located just off of the Marietta Square, near the Cobb County Courthouse.
Need help or information? Call 770-426-9359
- Contested Divorce
- Child Custody
- Georgia Parenting Plan
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Property Division
- Contempt of Court
- Decree Modifications
- Temporary Protective Order (TPO)
- Divorcing Parents Seminar
- Guardian Ad Litem Services
- Family Counselors
- Georgia Divorce Laws
- Domestic Violence Pamphlet